Zondervan Certificate in Theological Studies
This certificate program provides systematic and historical theology training for those who desire to better understand, teach and preach God’s Word.
The core competencies for this certificate include:
- Foundational understanding of Systematic Theology
- Foundational understanding of History Theology
- Fundamental knowledge of Church History
- Focused understanding of creeds and heresies
Zondervan Certificate in Theological Studies
The Zondervan Academic certificate is designed for lay church leaders, seminarians and pastors-in-training, who want to receive academic credit for coursework and are looking to transfer credits to a college or seminary to earn an undergraduate or graduate degree. This credit-bearing track is administered through the BibleMesh Institute. Students must apply to the Institute and be accepted before starting the program.
Courses in this Track
Systematic Theology 1 (or Evangelical Theology 1)
- Systematic Theology 1 (Wayne Grudem): Featuring a strong emphasis on the scriptural basis for each doctrine, this course introduces the doctrines of God’s Word, God, and humanity.
- Evangelical Theology 1 (Michael F. Bird): This course explores theology as the drama of gospelizing, covering foundational doctrines of God, the end times, Jesus, and more.
Systematic Theology 2 (or Evangelical Theology 2)
- Systematic Theology 2 (Wayne Grudem): Featuring a strong emphasis on the scriptural basis for each doctrine, this course introduces the doctrines of Christ, the Holy Spirit, redemption, the church, and the future.
- Evangelical Theology 2 (Michael F. Bird): This course explores theology as the drama of gospelizing, covering foundational doctrines of God, the end times, Jesus, and more.
Know the Creeds and Councils
This course will introduce you to the church’s most important statements of faith over the centuries and explain why those statements still matter today.
Choose 3 courses from your desired concentration:
- The Triune God
- Christ Alone
- Faith Alone
- God’s Word Alone
- God’s Glory Alone
- Theology in the Context of World Chirstianity
- Know Why You Believe
- Know How We Got Our Bible
- Historical Theology 1
- Historical Theology 2
- Know the Heretics
- Contemporary Theology 1
- Contemporary Theology 2
- Church History 1
- Church History 2
Frequently Asked Questions
First, you need to apply to the BibleMesh Institute by going here. Be sure to select a “Zondervan Certificate” as the program you are interested in. Upon your enrollment in the Institute, we will assign you a qualified academic tutor who will guide you through each course of study.
Yes! Please contact us here.
Students enroll in the BibleMesh Institute on a subscription basis. The monthly cost for each BibleMesh Institute course is $250 per month. The length of time to complete a course varies depending on each student’s situation, but averages 3 months for dedicated students.
To provide the highest quality online learning experience and to meet academic standards, the BibleMesh Institute assigns each student an academic tutor for each course. All of our proctors (academic tutors) are highly qualified in their subject field.
Yes. Each course is provided with month-to-month access to better fit your situation. You may work through and complete a course as your schedule allows, while your academic tutor guides you to ensure competency and mastery of the content. You may take as much time as you wish to complete an individual course or a certificate program.
In order to complete a certificate program, students must complete every course within that program. Some certificates, like the Biblical Languages certificate, do require courses to be completed in a specific sequence. If you need to pause your studies, you can; your progress and grades will not be lost. You can simply renew your monthly course subscription and resume from where you left off.
Yes. Anyone who enrolls as a BibleMesh Institute student and successfully completes required, proctored coursework can earn a certificate.
Upon finishing all the courses in a certificate program, you may apply for and receive a certificate.
When scholarships are available they are initially available to students already studying in the BibleMesh Institute.
Yes. Several partnering colleges and seminaries provide academic pathways using courses and programs offered through the Institute. To see a list of these schools go here.
Credit-bearing courses provided through the BibleMesh Institute are built to accreditation standards. If you would like us to talk with your school about the possibility of accepting transfer credits for BibleMesh Institute courses or programs, please contact us.