BibleMesh provides high quality online education to produce faithful disciples of Jesus Christ.
BibleMesh seeks to combine a deep passion for Scripture and excellent scholarship to provide trusted theological education for the people of God on mission in the world. BibleMesh gleans the best teaching of this and previous generations, utilizing cutting edge technology, to provide a high quality online learning environment.
Emmanuel A. Kampouris (Publisher) is the retired Chairman and CEO of American Standard. He currently serves on the board of Amway Corp. He has also served on the boards of Stanley Works, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ, Click Commerce, the National Endowment for Democracy, the Hudson Institute, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
Camille B. Kampouris is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Catholic University of America. One of Jim Henson’s Muppeteers for twelve years, Camille appeared on Sesame Street for ten seasons. She is also a member of the Kairos Journal editorial board.
Dr. Mark Coppenger is Professor of Christian Philosophy and Ethics at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Mark has an earned B.A. from Ouachita Baptist University; a M.A. and Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University; and a M.Div. from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Along with having served as a Wheaton College philosophy professor and as president of Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, he has authored, edited, or contributed to numerous books. His articles and reviews have appeared in Teaching Philosophy, Touchstone, American Spectator, Criswell Review, Reformation and Revival, USA Today, and Christian Scholar’s Review.
Charles Marnham is Senior Minister of St. Michaels, Chester Square, in central London, a member of the General Synod of the Church of England and a Prebendary (Canon) of St. Paul’s Cathedral. In over thirty years of ministry, he has also served churches in the industrial north-east of England. After a degree in law from Cambridge University, he studied theology at Durham University. He has strong links with the Anglican Church in Tanzania.
Dr. Michael McClenahan is the Executive Director of BibleMesh. He is an Irish Presbyterian minister and (interim) minister of Vinecash Presbyterian Church, County Armagh, Northern Ireland. He has degrees in Jurisprudence, Theology, and Ecclesiastical History from the University of Oxford, where he wrote his doctoral dissertation on the theology of Jonathan Edwards. He is the author of Jonathan Edwards and Justification by Faith (Ashgate, 2012) and is Professor of Systematic Theology at Union Theological College, in Belfast.
Dr. C. Ben Mitchell is Graves Professor of Moral Philosophy at Union University. His recent books include, with D. Joy Riley, MD, Christian Bioethics: A Guide for Pastors, Health Care Professionals, and Families (Broadman & Holman, 2014), Ethics & Moral Reasoning: A Student’s Guide (Crossway, 2013), and he edits the journal Ethics & Medicine: An International Perspective on Bioethics. He taught for a decade at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and before that at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
The BibleMesh team affirms the inerrancy and full trustworthiness of the Holy Scriptures and stands in continuity with the Ecumenical Councils of the Christian Church. BibleMesh upholds a theological framework as set forth in the following statement from the Universities and Colleges Christian Fellowship (U.K.).
- There is one God in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- God is sovereign in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The Bible, as originally given, is the inspired and infallible Word of God. It is the supreme authority in all matters of belief and behaviour.
- Since the fall, the whole of humankind is sinful and guilty, so that everyone is subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, God’s incarnate Son, is fully God; he was born of a virgin; his humanity is real and sinless; he died on the cross, was raised bodily from death and is now reigning over heaven and earth.
- Sinful human beings are redeemed from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all time of their representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between them and God.
- Those who believe in Christ are pardoned all their sins and accepted in God’s sight only because of the righteousness of Christ credited to them; this justification is God’s act of undeserved mercy, received solely by trust in him and not by their own efforts.
- The Holy Spirit alone makes the work of Christ effective to individual sinners, enabling them to turn to God from their sin and to trust in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit lives in all those he has regenerated. He makes them increasingly Christlike in character and behaviour and gives them power for their witness in the world.
- The one holy universal church is the Body of Christ, to which all true believers belong.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return in person, to judge everyone, to execute God’s just condemnation on those who have not repented and to receive the redeemed to eternal glory.